Karen C. Mitch
As an associate attorney at Andrew Szocka, P.C., Karen, a former engineer, focuses on construction, corporate and real estate law, both litigation and transactional. She has litigated breach of contract, negligent design, and construction negligence in both state and federal court. In addition, Karen has handled the defense of catastrophic injury cases involving products liability, construction negligence, transportation, premises liability and motor vehicle collisions, as well as the defense of cases involving construction defects, legal malpractice and nursing home negligence.
- Supreme Court of Illinois, May 2007
- Florida, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, General Bar, December 2008
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois, 2007, J.D.
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, 1996, B.S. General Engineering
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Cary-Grove Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Karen C. Mitch, Comment, Pondering a “Baffling” Situation:
- The “Reconstruction” of Claim Construction, 4 J.Marshall Rev. Intell. Prop. L